HOW TO ORGANIZE YOUR SWIMWEAR THIS SUMMER
Whether you are heading to the lake, the beach, the pool or relaxing in your backyard, summer is just about here and that means swimsuits.
There are many variations of swimsuit styles so here are my organizing tips for how to make sure your summer stays organized and your summer pool days are a breeze.
1) One Pieces
- You can hang or fold one pieces. If you are going to hang your one piece I would suggest using a hanger with two clips on it to ensure the straps stay in place. It will also line the bathing suits in a very organized line. However, if its easier for you to simply fold the bathing suit over a ribbed hanger, that works just as great!
- When figuring out where to hang your one pieces in your modular system closet, they will fit perfectly in the double hang. Your longer pieces such as cover ups, skirts and sundresses will organize nicely in our long hang.
2) Two Pieces
- When organizing your two pieces our goal is to make sure they are always organized in a set. The worst feeling is when you are eager to head to the beach for the day and everything is mismatched and you are rushing and stressed. Organize all your two pieces into sets.
- You can fold the bottoms in half and simply lay the top piece over it for an easy organizing system!
- You can fold the bottoms in half and then one more time to create that accordion file look, and then fold the top piece in half and place in your drawer.
- You can use hangers with a ribbed bottom to drape the bottoms on and then use the two clips for the top piece.
This is your closet and your summer! All of these ways work. Pick which one makes your life easiest.
3) Mens Trunks
- You can absolutely hang men's bathing suits. If you want it to have a clean and slim look use hangers that have two clips on them. The bathing suit will be vertical and create a neat file look.
- You can also use a hanger that has a bottom rib on it and fold the bathing suit trunk over it. This works great as well but it will look a bit bulkier. It completely depends on how many suits you have and what look you wish to have. If you fold it over just make sure you fold it like you would a pant suit. Start from the bottom, flip it over, align the bottom pant line and then fold over the hanger.
And if you want to make it easy-peasy fold your bathing suit trunks. When folding you can simply fold in half and place it in the drawer or on your shelf, or you can take it one step further and fold it in an accordion file system.
You simply fold in half, fold it upward, and then fold one more time to create a neat stacking swim trunk. These will stack beautifully in your modular closet drawers.
HAPPY SUMMER EVERYONE! Remember, it is not about being perfect. You do not need to fold everything perfectly. My goal is to inspire you to create an organized closet which leads to smoother and more enjoyable summer days. Focus on the end goal which is to make sure all your bathing suits are in one place together, and not dumped in a messy pile. However you go about that - folding, hanging, file system etc doesn't matter because the most important thing is you are putting in the time to live an organized life and that is what truly matters.
I would love to see how you are getting organized for summer. Tag us on instagram #modularclosetsummer
Now go get organized!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Christina's Corner
In honor of Mother’s Day, let’s celebrate all the amazing women in our lives by remembering all the simple and helpful phrases we heard growing up that help us stay organized.
View full article →