HOW TO ORGANIZE YOUR SWIMWEAR THIS SUMMER
Whether you are heading to the lake, the beach, the pool or relaxing in your backyard, summer is just about here and that means swimsuits.
There are many variations of swimsuit styles so here are my organizing tips for how to make sure your summer stays organized and your summer pool days are a breeze.
1) One Pieces
- You can hang or fold one pieces. If you are going to hang your one piece I would suggest using a hanger with two clips on it to ensure the straps stay in place. It will also line the bathing suits in a very organized line. However, if its easier for you to simply fold the bathing suit over a ribbed hanger, that works just as great!
- When figuring out where to hang your one pieces in your modular system closet, they will fit perfectly in the double hang. Your longer pieces such as cover ups, skirts and sundresses will organize nicely in our long hang.
2) Two Pieces
- When organizing your two pieces our goal is to make sure they are always organized in a set. The worst feeling is when you are eager to head to the beach for the day and everything is mismatched and you are rushing and stressed. Organize all your two pieces into sets.
- You can fold the bottoms in half and simply lay the top piece over it for an easy organizing system!
- You can fold the bottoms in half and then one more time to create that accordion file look, and then fold the top piece in half and place in your drawer.
- You can use hangers with a ribbed bottom to drape the bottoms on and then use the two clips for the top piece.
This is your closet and your summer! All of these ways work. Pick which one makes your life easiest.
3) Mens Trunks
- You can absolutely hang men's bathing suits. If you want it to have a clean and slim look use hangers that have two clips on them. The bathing suit will be vertical and create a neat file look.
- You can also use a hanger that has a bottom rib on it and fold the bathing suit trunk over it. This works great as well but it will look a bit bulkier. It completely depends on how many suits you have and what look you wish to have. If you fold it over just make sure you fold it like you would a pant suit. Start from the bottom, flip it over, align the bottom pant line and then fold over the hanger.
And if you want to make it easy-peasy fold your bathing suit trunks. When folding you can simply fold in half and place it in the drawer or on your shelf, or you can take it one step further and fold it in an accordion file system.
You simply fold in half, fold it upward, and then fold one more time to create a neat stacking swim trunk. These will stack beautifully in your modular closet drawers.
HAPPY SUMMER EVERYONE! Remember, it is not about being perfect. You do not need to fold everything perfectly. My goal is to inspire you to create an organized closet which leads to smoother and more enjoyable summer days. Focus on the end goal which is to make sure all your bathing suits are in one place together, and not dumped in a messy pile. However you go about that - folding, hanging, file system etc doesn't matter because the most important thing is you are putting in the time to live an organized life and that is what truly matters.
I would love to see how you are getting organized for summer. Tag us on instagram #modularclosetsummer
Now go get organized!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Christina's Corner
While the holiday season has come and gone, there’s no need to relinquish those good feels for starting a new slate for 2022. This week we’re playing catchup with our Resident Organizer and Brand Ambassador, Christina Giaquinto. Read on for a personal letter from Christina to anyone who’s gotten a late start to 2022!
View full article →
The holiday season is approaching, and our Resident Organizer Christina is here to give you her top tips for managing the holidays with ease! No matter what you celebrate, this time of year is all about sharing special moments with family and friends. Read on to learn Christina's first tip, and be sure to keep up with Christina's Corner throughout the month for a new tip every week!
View full article →
It’s that time of year when the sky begins to darken earlier and earlier, and that crisp fall air becomes more chilling with every passing day. Daylight savings is ending. We gain that hour of sleep we lost in the Spring, and now's the perfect time to fine-tune our routine. Christina’s here this week to give you her top tips for staying in good form while we change the clock -- and how you can make it work in your favor!
Read on to learn how you can save time as daylight savings ends!
View full article →