Christina's Corner // Personalize Your Closet!
Published in 1.14.2021
Hello and welcome to our first bit of regularly scheduled tip blogs for 2021! The wonderful people at Modular Closets and I have been working on some pretty amazing projects since the holidays, but you know I couldn’t go too long without posting some more organization tips for you!
As some of you may know, I have been working on a mini blog series this month all about getting your homes organized in 2021. These blogs have been taking a broader look at home organization so I wanted to also get back to sharing some of my more pointed tips.
Today we are going to be discussing personalization in the closet!
I believe that your home should be an extension of yourself and this includes places like your closet. If you don’t feel comfortable in your closet, you aren’t going to be motivated to keep it in a decluttered state.
Here are a few things you can put in your closet to make the space your own:
- Chairs or Poufs - If you have space in your closet, I highly recommend placing a chair or a pouf inside so that you have a place to sit while putting on your shoes or if you live that Mom life, it’s a great place to hide from the kids for a bit. A small, but stylish place to sit will add that extra touch of comfort to your space!
- A Rug - Even if you have a reach-in closet, you should be able to find a rug that will fit the size of your closet. A rug can make a space feel warmer and add the element of coziness to any room. Ami McClure demonstrated in my video that rugs are also great to lounge on.
- A Mirror - I think everyone should have a floor-length mirror in some area of their house and I can think of no better place to put it than the closet. You will have a spot to see your whole outfit put together and you can actually make your closet feel more spacious with a mirror!
- Hats - I know this may seem like a no-brainer. Hats clearly live in the closet, but if you collect hats, find a creative way to put them on display in your closet and suddenly, your storage solution becomes a piece of art.
- Shoe Walls - If you are anything like Ami and have a ton of beautiful shoes that you want to show off, Modular Closets has a shoe wall component that will create a floor to ceiling shoe wall that you will want to show off. (I have a whole other blog on this - check it out here)
- Art Prints / Posters - Do you love art, movies, or bands? Find a print or poster you love and display it in your closet. Even if no one else ever sees the inside of your closet, you will have a reason to smile and love being in your closet space.
These are just a fraction of the things that you can fill your closet with to make it your own. Of course, I suggest that you install a Modular Closet system so that you have plenty of space in your closet to add your favorite things. The possibilities are truly endless, but the most important part is that you find a way to make it enjoyable for you! You will want to keep your space organized and peaceful if you genuinely enjoy the experience of your closet.
What do you do to personalize your closet? Let me know in the comments and if you need more suggestions on how to keep your space organized, check out my blog, Christina’s Corner!
Also, don’t forget to follow Modular Closets on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest! Subscribe to Modular Closets on YouTube and visit www.modularclosets.com to design your closet! If you missed my last blog on Valet Rods, you can find it here!