Laundry Room 101: Spring Cleaning Edition
The laundry room often gets neglected as a dark and forgotten space even though we are in it multiple times a week. There are so many times the laundry room looks like a scary dark dungeon. Let's change that!
As we all continue spring cleaning, don't forget about your Laundry Room! Believe it or not, it can be more than a place where mountains of clothes pile up. It just might become your new safe haven, and I’ll show you how!
1) Wash + Fold Systems
Focus on creating a system for the two main activities of the laundry room:
- Washing the clothes
- Folding / hanging the clothes
If you have a system for these two things, your laundry room will be very organized! Everyone is going to have a different system for this, but make sure this system flows easily.
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF WHEN CREATING A SYSTEM:
Your laundry room is personal to you, so take the time to ask yourself what you need from this space!
- If you keep your laundry basket in your bedroom, how often do you need to bring it down to the laundry room to keep your bedroom neat?
- If you sort your clothes in the laundry room, what area can you designate as the sorting station?
- As you are washing the clothes, is the environment conducive and easy to wash clothes? Are the detergent and supplies easily accessible?
- When drying your clothes, do you have a hanging rod you can hang your clothes on right away to prevent wrinkling? Do you have proper hangers to keep your clothes organized?
- If you fold the clothes in the laundry room, do you have an area you can comfortably sit and fold? Consider adding a little table and chair so you do not hurt your back. This is a simple hack that works wonders.
It is all about creating systems for YOU
! 2) Organize The Essentials
Write down all the essentials and dedicate a space for your laundry products. No matter what space you are working on, starting with a list is the first step.
- Laundry basket
- Laundry detergent
- Dryer sheets (Dryer wool balls)
- Laundry scent beads
Sometimes we get overwhelmed with creating the perfect space, but what we really have to focus on is creating a system for the activity. I promise if you do that, your life is going to be so much more organized!
- For the laundry basket, make sure there is a space to neatly stack them on top of each other, so they are always accessible.
- You can store your wool dryer balls in a cute basket, or glass container. If you have never heard of dryer balls, they are a great Eco-friendly alternative to dryer sheets. They are made from 100% pure wool. There are ZERO chemicals in them, and they last for 1,000 loads. I recently discovered them about a year ago, and they are truly such an amazing alternative to dryer sheets.
- For the laundry detergent, make sure it is very close and accessible to the washing machine. If it gets messy, consider these two products: These aren’t sponsored, I just love them!
Laundry Soap Station
3) Clean Your Vents
As we clear out all the dust and winter energy, it is just as important to make sure your home is safe from any fire hazards. The number one priority when cleaning and organizing your laundry room for spring is to clean your vents.
Ironically, I worked with a company who produces cleaning kits and personally used this product for the demo video. I was extremely surprised at how easy it was!
4) Make Your Laundry Room Part Of The Home
Use Decals/Signs: It can be as simple as adding a fun sign that says " laundry," "wash, fold, repeat," or " loads of fun."
Use Color: You can add some flowers to the space to add a pop of color.
Use Decorative Storage Bins: This helps you organize your essential items while also adding a nice decor accent.
Use Wall Decals: I am in love with Urban Walls decals. They are so beautiful and add the perfect amount of cheerfulness and personality to any space.
Here is how they used it in a laundry room. The peaches are adorable and would make anyone smile as they enter the laundry room. These also aren't sponsored, I just love them!
I hope these tips help you create a functional and beautiful laundry space!
Be on the lookout for more Spring Tips coming your way every week this month! If you have any additional questions about organization, you can reach me at email@example.com.
Don’t forget to follow Modular Closets on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest! We are also on YouTube and you can subscribe to our channel here!
If you missed my last blog post, you can read it here! Happy Organizing!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.